Friday, February 24, 2012

I Believe


I Believe in friends

I Believe in prayer

I Believe that one person can make a difference
and
I Believe that together we can lift someone up

I Know that my small town Believes

  This week has brought about an almost unprecedented show of support for one of our own.  News has spread that a much beloved citizen is facing a 2nd battle with the cancer he survived 20 years ago.  Not only is he a teacher, husband, father, and friend - He has been an unstoppable Cancer Society promoter for those 20 years.   It shouldn't be a surprise as he has helped so many over the years, that now in his hour of need the community has banded together to help him. 

Almost my entire facebook news feed is status updates of  "I BELIEVE".   Organizers of a Benefit scheduled for next weekend can almost not keep up with the offers of support. 

It makes me proud to be Daren's friend, proud to live in this town, and proud to annouce that I BELIEVE he will beat this again.  

I hope you will all BELIEVE with me.  

19 comments:

  1. I believe in prayer, and will send one up for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can count me as a Believer too. Yes I Believe in everything that you mentioned here..

    I hope that your friend Daren can fight this cancer once again. Hooray for your town's people, they believe too. Prayers goes to Daren and his family. Hugs. JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe in the power of prayer.
    I'll pray for Darren.
    Small towns are the best when a member of the community needs help.
    they know how to pull together and help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been praying for him since you first told me. I do believe as well. I think there is power when we lift our voices on one accord. Jesus did say that when two or more of you are gathered His is in your midst.
    I know that can can provide a miracle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm there with you ~ praying and believing for Daren!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great post....and what a wonderful community of friends Darren must have...one of the best weapons he can take into his newest battle. Count me among those who believe - and will be praying and cheering him on....Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I believe and I will send up a prayer for him too. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I believe! I also think the power of positive and friends is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim. I believe in the power of prayer and I believe in hope. I will add this kind man to my prayer list.Always hugs Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  10. I believe in the power of prayer and healing thoughts.
    I believe with all the support from the people that love him Daren will again be the victor.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I believe that when people gather together for the good of someone else wonderful things happen. Your dear friend will be in my nightly prayers

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never underestimate the power of prayer, the power of friends and also the power of just one..one wish, one smile, one day when cancer will be gone. I work in surgery and today a lovely woman who has been fighting breast cancer came in because she felt a lump on her neck that wasn't there yesterday..yep..cancer. It made all of us so sad for her and we all said a prayer that she'll beat this too. I worked a long, hard day today but I was able to walk out of the hospital healthy unlike so many of our patients. I'm so grateful but at the same time, I'm so mad that we still have to fight the hard fight against cancer...Good wishes and good thoughts for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can personally tell you the power of prayer and the power of a helping hand. When a small town gets together and believe the power is amazing.
    Blessings to Daren
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful town. Yes I believe and he is in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. People power...sending all good thoughts to Daren.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am a believer, sending prayers for Daren. Blessings, Julie.

    ReplyDelete