Thursday, December 22, 2011

Batteries not included

I'm officially on Christmas vacation.  So this morning, instead of sleeping in (which was what I really wanted to do) I jumped out of bed early and started knocking things off the list.

I was organized and I had a plan.  That in itself was like a minor Christmas miracle.

I took Mom to her Adult Day Care program and came back and grabbed Auntie and we headed out to tackle THE LIST.  I was like the Energizer Bunny - I just kept going and going and going. 

And conveniently near lunch time we ended up near Bella's Cafe, so I convinced Auntie to buy me lunch.  (Convenient or a devious plan on my part ? Hmmmm)   We had a lovely lunch and patted ourselves on the back a lot for all that we had accomplished so far.

We continued shopping until 1:30 pm and then I dropped her at home and she wrapped and bagged and I delivered.  This took the rest of the afternoon.  As soon as I finish this post I have to go to the grocery store - - -  That's it.  I think I'm done.   Maybe I shouldn't say it out loud just in case.   But I "think" I have thought of everything.

If I'm right (please, please, please) then all that will be left to do tomorrow is have my annual pre-Christmas lunch date with friends at the tavern.

So my dear friends, it appears as if my goal of not visiting any stores on Dec. 24 is going to happen.  A first for me.   I think I feel some of that holiday "zen" happening. 

I'll close with a picture of my last hooking project.  I don't think I ever showed the finshed product.  I delivered it to its recipient this morning.  I hope she likes it.


I hope you all get that last burst of "energizer bunny"
and experience a little holiday zen.

Merry Christmas

19 comments:

  1. I finish work tomorrow and finally get a vacation! Sounds like you're done!! I love your cardinal mat. Have a great lunch with pals tomorrow...think of me...I'll be trapped in a workshop. Bah, humbug!
    Hugs,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, I too was on a roll. I am glad you have some Christmas Zen.I couldn't believe how much you can get done when you have a mission to get stuff done. Merry Christmas and I am glad you'll be able to enjoy your time off.Merry Christmas Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Congratulations on getting everything done and not having to be out shopping tomorrow! Love the rug, the colors pop so nicely.

    Merry Christmas! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, you are really an organized person. Congratulations on having crossed off everything on your list. Your little cardinal rug is cute and I'm sure it will be appreciated by the recipient.

    This year I never even got my Christmas cards addressed. They are still sitting on my desk. It's too late now.

    I'm sick with a bad head cold and still have to work. No wonder I felt like a zombie. My company is arriving from Ottawa tomorrow for a couple of weeks. Can't wait to see James.

    Merry Christmas and have fun with your friends and family. Hugs. JB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cardinal mat is wonderful! Lucky recipient will love it I'm sure!!
    Glad you and Auntie could enjoy a nice lunch and shopping! It's what makes the season merry!!

    Hugs!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow proud of you!!! You have tomorrow too. I love your little rug!!!
    I am so happy for you today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Horay for Christmas Vacation!
    After all your Shopping and organizing you are ahead of the game! Whoo-hoo!
    Now you can relax and enjoy the parties and family gatherings.
    Love the cute rug!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, you certainly are the little bunny. All that rushing around and now you can enjoy the holiday. Your rug is darling. Have a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,
    I am done as well and proud!!! Merry Christmas to you and your family! Now maybe we can slow down and enjoy it...I am a hooker also..Love this rug...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of course she'll like it! What's not to like? It's gorgeous! I'm so envious of your talent! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! The mat and your accomplishments of the season! So glad you are all set to relax and enjoy the Christmas holiday! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We did a little last minute food shopping yesterday. But all is done now. I think your tavern lunch with friends sounds cozy, festive and fun! Have yourself a Merry Friday Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kim ~
    Congrats on all your accomplishments. You are probably lunching at the tavern as I type this. Enjoy and allow yourself to be a little bad...lol!
    Have a wonderful Christmas and I must say, I am so happy to have met you through blogland. You always make me smile!
    Merry Christmas to Mom and Auntie, too.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  14. P.S. Your little cardinal mat is very sweet! I'm sure the recipient will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that cardinal mat! The white 'snow' swirls are a neat touch. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  16. She will LOVE it - Just stopping by to wish you a very Blessed Christmas for you and your family. Love, sandie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahhhh...and it would be the ol' crow who is running ever so far behind...no hope of getting caught up now. But glad to hear you got things wrapped up with a day or two to spare so you could enjoy the season. I love those magical days before Christmas - but seems like there's never a spare minute to truly "enjoy" ever. Next year can I borrow Auntie for wrapping detail??? ;o) Love the mat Kim - bet the recipient adored it.....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete