Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Blessing? Or Omen.....?

You know "those" people?  The ones who appear to breeze through life with no complications and everything seems to go their way.  Well, I'm not one of those people!  My Mom used to say they had a four leaf clover up their butt. Lol 

I was planning to start vacation at 1:30 today. You know, have the afternoon to get ready for my trip, in a leisurely organized manner.  Hrumph!  In actuality I ran out the door at 4:30, leaving a pile of papers and to-do's that were screaming at me as I turned my back and ran.  Whatever!  

Then I stopped at the garage for a quick car check up.  I was ready to leave when one of the guys looked down and there it was......a nail in my tire 


And of course they didn't have that tire in stock.  So they put in a plug and we all said a prayer.  (Confession, I was more like muttering profanities but....). 

You could look on the bright side and say how lucky he saw it before I got stranded somewhere.  Yeah, probably the right attitude.  But I hope it was not a foreboding travel omen......(insert dramatic music here)

One more sleep and I'm on the road!  Look out New England -- Here I come!

18 comments:

  1. Oh, you are going to have the most wonderful time. Watch out New England ~ mad hooker coming to your neck of the woods soon.
    Safe travels, my friend.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! New England is my very favorite place for a vacation! Enjoy! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! I hate it when that happens! I don't know why the tire stores don't carry our tires when we drive the normal most popular vehicles! We were lucky that my truck has a full size spare. The nail in my tire was where it couldn't be fixed. Almost as if someone had used a hammer to put it there in the first place! I know I didn't drive over it!

    Hope you have a great time on your vacation! You deserve it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure I will hear you squealing by as you make your way through. Maine. Have a fabulous time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Safe travels I will see you very soon. Let the fun begin!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would say luck is on your side. You're lucky that you were smart enough to get the car checked and lucky that the mechanic found the nail before it got you stranded.

    If you have a CAA road assistance membership card then you're OK.
    GO have all the fun you want.

    Have a great time and live it up in Maine.

    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always something but good you got it looked after. Safe travels and know you will have a great time, Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a safe and fun trip. I like to think you were being looked out for and they found it before you got on the road.
    I hope you have beautiful weather.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Kim! Dang! Have fun. We are not one of those people either. Everything is difficult. Maybe it makes us appreciate things all the more when they go smooth here at The Tiny Ten! Bye! Have fun!! Don't do anything I wouldn't do! Bye! Be safe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim,
    Here's hoping that things go smoothly and you and the tire hold it together! I am so excited for you! Enjoy each and every moment of this great adventure!
    Hugs!!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  11. When we left for our weekend vacation last year, we found a nail in our tire too and treated it the same as you had done, plugged. We continued on our trip and had a fabulous time. Here's hoping your trip is too! Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love your posts! I can so identify with a lot of the things you post about! Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You deserve some fun more than most people I know!!! Enjoy your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enjoy and take lots of pics! Drive carefully!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Kim, I hope you have a safe and wonderful trip. Looking forward to hearing about it when you get back.

    We have internet again...yayyyyy !! So I will be able to visit you here more.
    Take care, Janet W.
    PS Thanks so much for your comments on my blog. And caring about me and mom. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  16. New England! We are close to New England...sort of...kind of...define close...Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. New England is where I am longing to return to this fall. I know your going to have a blast. I am glad you checked out your tires and they found it. How far do you have to travel. Do you take a boat over. Can't wait to here all about it.
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Prayers for safe travels Kim and ENJOY!!

    ReplyDelete