Sunday, May 25, 2014

Better than the first

Birthday weekend has come and gone.  How's that old saying go? --- "another year older and deeper in debt".  Lol. Not really.   I'm happy to report this birthday was better than my first ....


Look at that face!!  Apparently something displeased me.  I would guess that I probably went into full blow tantrum mode after this picture was taken.  :)

In the interest of full disclosure I should confess that I sometimes still make this face!

Today (after leftover birthday cake for breakfast) I started a new little chair mat.  It seems I'm still in my "chicken" phase.  


This is Henrietta Little, a pattern by Deb Day that is in the latest Primitive Quilts and Projects magazine. It should finish up quickly.  And so far I'm using only leftover worms - haven't had to cut yet. 

I hope everyone had a great weekend (and a long weekend for my American friends).

Oh, and I'm giving myself a little birthday present soon.  But more on that later 

18 comments:

  1. I wish I had known about your birthday! I send you many happy birthday wishes! xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you are perfectly adorable in that picture and you seem to have a happy smile... Happy Birthday again Kim, I would have send you a Birthday card but it sneaked up on me so fast and I'm not very organized in that department... I'm even known to forget my own birthday lots of times, lol..

    I'm looking forward to see what you are getting for yourself for your birthday.

    I love that little chicken.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a cute child and woman. Happy belated birthday , hugs cheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad your birthday was a good one and I have eaten cake for breakfast before:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad that your birthday was a happy one!!
    I will eat cake anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that face, glad all is well Kim. Hugs Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday my friend. Yummmm cake is good anytime and anywhere. Just give me a tall glass of milk with it and I'm good. :)

    Can't wait to see what you are getting yourself.
    That's sweet pic of you.

    Take care, Janet W...(((BIG BIRTHDAY HUG)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday, Kim! Love the photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday Kim! I hope it was fun! I'm looking forward to seeing what you bought yourself....love the chicken too! We do have a long weekend but I'm on call so I hope it's a quiet one on the surgery front...Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated birthday!! Can't wait to see how you treated yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday, belatedly. (when was it?) Mine is today. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday wishes. Cute chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday Kim! Henrietta is a charmer. She would make a cute pillow.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so glad you had a nice birthday. You were such a cutie and I love that dress. Your mat is lovely too. I got my magazine the other day and I thought it was cute. I as you know am out of the chicken phase for now. :)
    I can't wait for the other fun stuff you are doing.
    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so sorry I missed your birthday. Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That picture of you is so stinking adorable. So looking forward to this weekend girl.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday -- can't wait to hear your plans! (I hope my message makes it to you!?)

    ReplyDelete