1. a woman who receives and entertains guests in her own home or elsewhere.
2. a woman employed in a restaurant or place of amusement to receive, seat, or assist patrons.
3. a woman who acts as master of ceremonies, moderator, or interviewer for a television or radio program; host.
4. a woman employed by an airline, railroad, bus company, etc., to see that passengers are comfortable throughout a trip, usually receiving and seating them, and sometimes serving them refreshments.
5. a woman who manages a resort or hotel or who directs its social activities.
6. taxi dancer. (OK this one cracked me up so I have to add a supplementary definition)
a girl or woman employed, as by a dance hall, to dance with patrons who pay a fee for each dance or for a set period of time. (So just to be clear ---- There will be NONE of that going on LOL)
So starting in about an hour, our municipality is rolling out the Welcome Mat to host the Annual Spring Conference of the Association of Municipal Administrators. Approximately 90+ will be arriving and expecting us - the organizing committee to be the Hostess with the Mostess. That's me, right??
The Swag Bags are filled, the venue is prepared, the hospitality room for tonight is stocked......
That is Root Beer (of course) ;)
The next fews day will be jammed packed. There are lots of great sessions and speakers booked and quite frankly, I am looking forward to getting out of the office for a few days. The conference ends around noon on Friday and then immediately following that is a tee-time at the golf course. I have the Dream Team. More on that another time.
PS. Update on yesterday. Auntie is doing OK - just a little slower and no lifting or sudden movements. Thank you all for your concern. And not long after I posted yesterday I got a call changing the time of my class so I was able to get Millie all prettied up at the groomers. So the moral of that story is things eventually work themselves out.
OK, Gotta go be all hostessy