Saturday, May 9, 2015

Rocking the weekend


Four wild women took the afternoon off Friday and heading out on a road trip to the big city! We arrived late afternoon, checked into a very nice hotel, put on some war paint, threw on some party clothes and hit the city.   

We found a great little restaurant/wine bar and ordered a few glasses of Pino Grigio.  

After a few sips we looked at the menu and realized what we ordered was $18 a glass.  A GLASS..... (Thankfully when she brought our bills she made a mistake and it was only $13 a glass.  Sheesh, oh well, we don't go wild every day)

I had this delicious squash stuffed ravioli and followed it with some amazing chocolate gelato.  A really great meal.


Then we headed off to the main event.  We had concert tickets to see Alan Doyle.  Front row seats to the sold out show!!!


The show was incredible. Absolutely incredible!  We had such a great time that it seems we forgot we were middle aged women.  We convinced ourselves we were in our 20's or something.  We headed to the the Old Triangle Irish Pub where we sang and danced some more.  But this was the best part - the 2 guys playing at the Triangle had a guest on stage


See the lady sitting on stage in the middle?  She was 89 years old and was up there playing the spoons!  She was so cool in her funky hat.  The old doll had rhythm.  She played until midnight when her son decided to take her home.  We all hope we can be as vibrant as her in our golden years. 

We closed the pub and then wandered up to what is known as Pizza Corner. It's the spot where everyone ends up after the bars close to eat street food.  We were clearly the oldest people in the area (by at least 25 years).  Nothing like eating questionable street food at 2am.  Lol

I will say this morning was a little rough. I'm too old to keep up that pace anymore. I had to have a nap in the car while the rest of the girls hit Costco.  Sad but true.  

14 comments:

  1. Oh, Kim! You have this old lady laughing! What a great time you had! I hope you enjoyed that wine!:-) It sounds like a wonderful evening! xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED this post!! You made me laugh, too. Questionable street food? Haven't we all done that? LOL I would be napping in the car with you, not much of a party animal anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! How cool!
    Sounds like a wonderful evening out. Glad you had so much fun.
    Now about that nap... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it sounds like one heck of a fun time! I hope that wine was really nice.
    I love the pictures. What a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun time! I think that I'd of choked on the $18 a glass wine, bet it was good. Staying out that late is a thing of the past now a days. The lady playing the spoons must of be fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness!! LOL Sounds like you had a rip roaring time. Wow! I just had a nap, sort of....now its back to work. Have never ending laundry to do. And dinner to make.

    I hope you have recovered enough to have a great rest of the weekend.

    Take care, Janet W

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmmm...I could go for some questionable street food right about now. ;o) I have so missed you Girlfriend. Please forgive my absences and silences.... Gonna try this again...I've missed you so. Hugs & Smiles ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  8. WAY TO GO GIRL. I'm too old to follow that young crowd . I'm in bed by 9-9:30 usually.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL good for you. Sounds like a wonderful treat to indulge in once in awhile. At my age once in awhile would be enough.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yahoo!!!!!! Rocking great weekend indeed, you go girl!!!!! Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Young lady! Which big city did you go to?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yikes, even at $13 that was a stiff price. Well at least you felt like you were 20 something for one night. I suspect the woman playing spoons felt like a 20 something that night too. Back in the day I could hang with the rest of them and get up to go to work the next day ~ not now baby! I'm in bed by 9:30 or 10.

    ReplyDelete
  13. sound like fun!!! that is a lot for wine but you must of got the good stuff.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete