Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Speedy


Boy oh boy, that sweet Julia should be called Speedy Gonzales!  As I was getting ready to leave for work this morning I saw a postal van pull up.  My chicken wire is here!  That was fast


Thank you again Julia.  I forgot tonight was the Dancing With The Stars finale so I won't be playing with the wire tonight but maybe tomorrow night as the storm arrives.  Yes, our first real winter storm of the year. (Please don't be like Buffalo) 

I was also looking around the house the other day and realized I needed some house plants.  But there is that little issue of me being a "notorious plant killer".  It's so bad that sometimes I think they just comment suicide to put themselves out of their misery sooner.  I can hear them...."oh no, here she comes.....quick Die before she tortures us."   Lol

So I mentioned this at noon today when I stopped in to see a friend for a minute. The next thing I know, she hands me this succulent garden.  Apparently they are almost impossible to kill.  Maybe she's doing a test.  Lol.   Thanks Deanne.  I will try to keep it alive 


I finished hooking a little sheep rug.  It's a pattern from The Old Tattered Flag.  My excuse for it not being bound is that there is enough burlap left to hook another small piece.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it ;)


P.S.   DWTS - Go Sadie and Mark




8 comments:

  1. Oh we are on the snow watch too. cute little garden I am sure you will keep it going. Aren't blogging friends just the greatest!!!! We all love Julia
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Julia is a sweetie! I can't wait to see the end result! I'm a horrible plant keeper..outside stuff is no problem...indoors...forgetaboutit! I'll be watching DWTS too! I'm pulling for Alfonso...sorry! I thought last night was amazing! Anyway, stay safe and warm and I hope your storm isn't too awful....and please keep it up there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pleasure was mine Kim...I was also surprised that you got the chicken wire so fast as I only mailed it on Monday morning and was told that you would get it in two business days.

    I hope it will not be too difficult getting that wire to stay flat. It was on a small roll and I had a hard time getting it to uncurl to cut it.
    I usually use chicken wire to hold my peas up in the garden and I get someone to help me hold it as it has a mind of it's own.

    Your little sheep rug is adorable.You're a fast hooker.

    Hugs,
    JB



    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you got your chicken wire. Julia is fast. I hope you get lots of project lined up in case it really snows.
    I sure do like that little rug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A delightful rug - good luck to the plants then lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute rug! Fingers crossed you don't get a bad storm!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kim, love that sweet rug, adorable. Stay safe, Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're so funny! Hopefully you will have luck with this succulent garden!

    ReplyDelete