Monday, September 1, 2014

Happy September


I know it's not "officially" fall on September 1st but it is to me!  We are entering my favorite time of year.  Another lovely weekend.  The weather was mainly grey and drizzly but I still had a nice 3 day weekend.  (You're going to get sick of me going on about how happy I am lately but life is good these days) 

I got lots of reorganizing done in the house.  All my clothes are finally put away properly. And I spent some time thinking about paint colors and curtains.  I think I'm ready to paint the upstairs soon. I've almost settled on a color and need to pick up some paint cards to pick the right shade.  

Today was busy.  Lots of cooking to stock the freezer.  But I started out building up my strength for the day at breakfast.  Chocolate croissants and special coffee


Since it was a holiday I thought I should start it special ;).  Then I put a chicken in the oven, cut off most  of the meat and then started a chicken soup.  Here's the results ready to freeze


I also made a batch of muffin tin meatloaf, also ready for the freezer.  These two chores took me almost all day as company kept popping in. But it was ok because they were all bearing treats.  One had a pie, one had wine, and another showed up with a loaf of homemade bread that was still warm


Gwen makes the best bread!!  

I'm feeling pretty blessed these days.  Happy September all



12 comments:

  1. It makes me happy to know that life is going great for you. So glad you're enjoying the new house, friends and food.
    What could be better?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are rested, organized and ready for your week!!! Love that you have soup ready to go!! Just think, we get to kinda skip Monday this week!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy that you are so happy. You so deserve it!!!
    What wonderful friends you have.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. It makes me so happy to hear how happy you are and I am so impressed at the food you make. Life is so good and you deserve every single bit of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to try the muffin tin meatloaf. I have a mini loaf pan that would fun to try to make mini meat loafs. Sounds like you got a good bit stocked up. Much merriment with visitors stopping in. :) Eat, drink and be Merry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What could be better than company bearing gifts of food??!! Glad you had a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Life is good... glad to hear you say it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful to have such good friends! You're a lucky girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Morning, It is good to see you back to hooking again. It looks like you are feeling good about the changes you have made with getting your own little house and being able to do some of the things that you want to do. Your friends take care of you and you can't have to many of them. Fall, hooray. Take care. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy September Kim! I am glad you are happy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a productive day you had, Kim! Did those missing tomatoes ever appear? xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. You and I are in the same mode. I made home tomato/basil soup and corn chowder over the weekend and froze it in containers.

    ReplyDelete