Sunday, March 4, 2012
Four pounds of crazy
She looks so sweet and innocent but don't be fooled - this tiny little fur ball has some issues.
She continues to be "afraid" of the kitchen. I have washed her mat, replaced it with a new one, and even lined a path through the kitchen with treats. Nothing works.
I'm not sure why this new little quirk is so disturbing to me, because Millie has always had her share of "odd" behaviors.
- She has always refused to eat her food from a dish. It "must" be placed in a little pile on the floor. When the pile is gone she lays in front of her full dish and barks or growls until I take a handful out and put it on the floor.
- She must have an optimal number of lumps on her blankets before laying down. Smooth blankets are a no no.
- She will not lay in her bed if a toy is in there. She will bark until we remove the toy and then she goes in her bed.
- She will go up and down stairs up to 4. Any number beyond 4 and forget it. You must carry her.
- She will not "allow" people to nap in the living room. She will bark and scratch at your arm to wake you up.
- When you enter my house Millie must be greeted first and quickly. If you take too long taking off your boots etc and don't stop at the end of the sofa to give her a little pet, she will hold a grudge. She actually will turn her back to you and bury her head. I am NOT KIDDING HERE.
Believe it or not, this is just a small sampling of her unique personality. But how can you not love her anyways??
I think I need the services of a doggie psychiatrist before Millie makes me CRAZY.