Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Wednesday Word of the Week
1. an act or instance of deluding
2. the state of being deluded
3. a false belief or opinion : delusions of grandeur (this one is my favorites)
4. Psychiatry - a fixed false belief that is resistant to reason or confrontation with actual fact
5. a false belief strongly held in spite of invalidating evidence (another favorite of mine)
My belief that Spring will arrive - just as the Groundhog said makes me think I must be delusional.
My belief that someday a dandlylion will pop up on my lawn - pushing its way up through 3 feet of snow and ice that I believe will never leave - makes me think I am delusional. Kim at My Field of Dreams has a dandylion and gosh-darn-it I WANT ONE TOO. Spring in California......Whatever! LOL
To the paper boy who this morning was too friggin lazy to extend his arm a few inches to get my newspaper within reaching distance of the front door - If you think you are getting a tip this week - YOU are delusional.
And to the local Moron who yesterday thought it was a good idea to rob one of our banks - Hahaha Did you get delusions of grandeur while watching Oceans Eleven on TV last weekend? IDIOT
And speaking of delusional......
Nuff said on that!