Sunday, July 11, 2010

Raining Cats and Dogs

Well it has been raining for most of the past 2 days. Not much fun swinging in the hammock this weekend!

The first batch of Montreal family left this morning and then we received an email that the 2nd shift was heading this way. Mary and Tom (Vermont) have 6 children who I have spent every summer with since I was born. Before July ends 4 of the 6 of them will have passed through the cottage. I love the fact that they still consider Nova Scotia home even though they only spent summers here. And they want their children to grow up with a piece of their heart here.

The weather drove the cottagers in town today so I made supper here. And that also meant I had some time to get back to my latest rug. Since all that is left is the sky, I thought it was time to reveal it.

She is a Deanne Fitzpatrick pattern and was alot of fun to hook. I originally planned to give her away, but now I'm not sure. I might keep her.

Back to work tomorrow. Sigh........

7 comments:

  1. Kim ~
    You can send some of the rain our way! We finally had rain a couple days ago, but surely can use more!!!
    What a sweet rug. So summery looking.
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren,
    Sorry to hear you are having a dry spell and I would happily send the rain your way of I could :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim, We just rode out a HUGE thunderstorm. There were confirmed tornadoes nearby, but no damage reported.
    I'm lovin' your D.F. rug. I think you'd better keep it! I just received her catalog of rugs and can't decide which pattern to order.
    Also, heads up...I'm dyeing wool again and getting ready to reopen my shabbysheepwool Etsy shop! Hope you'll stop by.
    xo, Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your rug is a keeper! Definitely! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your rug is really coming along. Looks like just the sky left to do. I agree, I think you should keep it for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love your rug! I'd want to keep it too! You've done a fantastic job on the hooking and color selection! Perfect!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree that you should keep that cute lady in her hat!!! I just received a shipment of patterns from Deanne ~ I love her designs! Now to get them posted on my blog! I haven't had time to hook this summer at all ~ I want to but just haven't gotten down to the hooking room! You inspire me!!

    ReplyDelete