Saturday, June 7, 2014

Hooking with Yvonne

A fun new project is underway.  A few months ago I connected with a wonderful pattern designer Yvonne Buus from Vintage Heart Primitives.  She designs lovely old fashioned themed patterns.  I've hooked 2 of them so far and just love them.  

Recently she offered me the opportunity to "hook along" on her newest design "Hand Dyed Woolens". We are hooking it together and sharing our progress online.   

I started with the sheep


And then I hopped around to the little girl


Here is Yvonne's progress. Yvonne is a more focused hooker.  She stayed in one area.  Lol


Now, since this afternoon I started hooking in some of my sky and now I realize I need to change the lighter blue in the little girl.  It blends right in.  Not sure where my head was when I picked that color!  Guess I was just so excited to start, I wasn't thinking.  

It will be fun to watch the two versions take shape.  Stay tuned. 




12 comments:

  1. Love them both great hooking, Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're having all kind of fun hooking adventures. This looks like a fun project. I'll be waiting for the next update. Enjoy, life is to be enjoyed.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is a very fun read of hooking friend connections. Can't wait to see the progress on both. Saundra

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore this!!!!! So sweet.
    Have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great pattern. And, how fun to hook along with someone on the same design! You're doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful design...must be fun to work along with someone on the same pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great pattern and a very fun project. Can't wait to see them both side by side
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh fun Kim! Love the pattern! Will be fun to watch the progress! Enjoy your hooking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely design and colors; will enjoy seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful design and colours Millie. I see what you mean about the matching blues but thankful it's an easy (albeit a pain in the ass) thing to fix :)

    Happy Hooking!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the style of your design. I remember the song lady had a little lamb!

    ReplyDelete