Sunday, January 31, 2016

Just another winter weekend

Nothing exciting has been happening so not much to blog about.  But despite the landslide of followers disappearing, I woke up this morning and had 1 new one.  Yay, so whoever you are please don't judge the quality of this blog by this boring post :)   The photo above is what greeted me when I went outside Saturday morning.  Even a snow-hater like me had to admit for a minute that it did look pretty.  A lot of it has melted today so now it looks messy and dirty again.  Oh well, not complaining because after last winter, this years snowfalls have been a blessing!  While I shovelled, Miss Abby frolicked in the new snow.
She loves it.  She runs up the snow drifts, rolls around, buries her head in it.  It's funny to watch but she's a mess of sticky snowballs when we come inside.  Today I decided to rearrange some furniture.  My hooking area is quite cluttered since Abby's pen is still in the middle of the floor.  I still don't dare trust her to free range around the house while I'm at work.  The project is still in progress.  I straightened the hooking area but made the den a disaster.  Lamps and wall hangings need to find new places and after almost giving myself a hernia moving the 4,000 pound bookshelf by myself, I gave up for the day.  I haven't hooked in a week.  But I am slowing gathering supplies for the dye project.  My spoons arrived mid week, the dye book is here, I have a yard of natural wool but am still looking for a cheap stock pot.   And I need to order some dye but I can't decide what color I want to try first.  I'm going to just pick a color later and order the dye recipe.   It's almost time for Downton Abby so time to gather some tv snacks and settle in.  I'm starting to get a little scared that the series will end with Edith and Moseley becoming some kind of heroes and that will completely tick me off.  

16 comments:

  1. The snow is beautiful , but Im grateful that we have none here in Ohio . Why is it that cleaning makes a bigger mess when your a creative type? lol Try not to over do too much , but I know that's easier said than done Have a great evening ~ Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww look at Abby in the snow, cute. Enjoy your show Kim, Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can definitely vouch that you aren't a 'boring blogger'. Looking forward to what the dye spoons and you bring forth m'dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moving bookcases is next on my list. Urg! I will have a hernia but the time I am through as mine are going upstairs.
    I love all of the pretty snow, and Abby just cracks me up. I need a new project but I am still trying to figure out about what is next. I can't wait until you finally dye some wool.
    Enjoy your evening at Downton. I haven't had the energy to watch it yet.
    Have a nice Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got one follower back too, lol. Looks like you got quite a bit of snow, I am happy to have a sunny and somewhat warmer weekend.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snow can be pretty but I have become a snow hater like you. Last winter was so bad and then last weekend we were hit with 14" of snow. It is still piled every wheres and slowly melting. Not pretty now! Enjoyed watching Downton tonight too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah...what's up with the disappearing followers? I know, I know...it's a Blogger thing where they are cutting peeps who don't have Google accounts, but ouch...really? We had some unseasonably mild temps the past several days but Ol' Man Winter ain't done with us yet... We're going to be dumped upon Tues-Wed, then plunged back into to the deep freeze. I guess I should be happy that the expected snowfall has been dropped from 21" to 10"...but, guess what? I'm not... Call me an ingrate... Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's a cutie! We had our snow (which is just a dusting, really) and now it's just ugly and slushy and dirty--yours is prettier.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning, Kim! Love the snow pictures, from a distance. LOL We got 3 inches of rain just yesterday. Lots of happy dancing here in California. Just a small dent in the drought, but a dent!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The snow looks like the snowman kind by the look of Abbey's paw prints. You're right, we can't complaint about the weather as compared to last winter.

    I'm looking forward to see how you enjoy dyeing with your new equipment.

    I hope your week start well.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  11. Things always have to get worse before they get better...sigh.
    Happy that Abby is a snow lover. Ellie is a snow/rain hater.
    I picked up a couple new followers too. Damn Google!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Abbeys jacket. You have been busy I didn't get to watch Downton Abbey which killed me I am going to try to watch it on line this week.
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Snow can be pretty sometimes, notice I say sometimes.lol! If it just would stay of walks and roads, it would be a lot better!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It took me a good 3+years before trusting my Sophie out of her crate on her own in the house. She probably would still be in her crate, but she developed issues with being in the crate. But all is good, she doesn't get into any trouble other than knocking all of my pillows off the couches (why?) and she is always waiting at the door for me when I get home from work!
    Hope you get to hooking soon - I am keeping busy with working on a BOM Quilt with flannels & wool.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Kim, your snow looks so pretty. Im glad Abby likes it. That is cute what she does. :)
    I just made sure that Princess Downy's little paws were cleared of little snowball between her toes :)

    Enjoy....Janet W

    ReplyDelete